Find Part-Time and Summer Work
Part-time and seasonal employment offer another opportunity to develop your skills and gain hands on experience.
- View Health-related Internships & Jobs posted in Handshake
- Explore Burlington’s social service and health-related non-profit organizations, clinics and assisted living centers employment possibilities.
- Find career-related summer programs:
Giving back to the community by volunteering with a health-related organization is a great way to gain hands-on experience.
- Join a student club active in serving others.
- Volunteer at the UVM Medical Center and check out their free training programs.
- Explore Burlington’s social service and health-related non-profit organizations, clinics and assisted living centers for volunteer possibilities.
Learn by Doing
Training programs, undergraduate research, and job shadowing opportunities are also great ways to connect with professionals, learn more about the field, and build your skills.
- Consult UVM’s Office of Fellowships Opportunities and Undergraduate Research (FOUR) to discover unique experiential learning opportunities, including biomedical and clinical research with UVM faculty, the Pre-Medical/Pre-Health Enhancement Program (PEP), Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) internships, and learn how to prepare for application to Fellowship programs that can help fund impactful post-graduation (“growth year”) experiences.
- Set up a job shadow with a UVM alum or local provider. Find alums on UVM Connect and LinkedIn, or consult professional organizations for help finding local professionals.
- Participate in the UVM Medical Center’s free training programs.
- Visit the hands-on experience page of our pre-med website for more ideas.
Join Our Interest Group
Join the Health Professions Interest Group (HPIG) to receive The Steady-Pulse – a twice-monthly newsletter ensuring you’ll never miss a beat on valuable insights and great opportunities. And, check out the hundreds of alums in health professions who are on UVM Connect and willing to help you!
Choose “Health Professions” as your Career Interest Group
(Join additional groups too - as many as you'd like - using the Groups option in the left nav.)