The College of Agriculture and Life Science (CALS) and the University of Vermont are actively involved with strategic planning. The College plan articulates our role in the broad University mission in "health, environmental and liberal education" and its vision of being the nation's premier small research university.
As an integral part of the University of Vermont, CALS helps fulfill the University’s mission to discover, interpret, and share knowledge, to prepare our students to lead productive, responsible, and creative lives, and to promote the application of relevant knowledge to benefit the State of Vermont and society as a whole.
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences contributes to the University’s mission, and its responsibility as the State’s Land Grant University, by:
• Providing excellence in the teaching of and research in basic life and applied sciences, focusing on the environment, health and nutrition.
• Emphasizing their practical applications to challenges facing agriculture, food systems, and health through innovation and new technologies.
• Informing the policy debate on these complex societal issues
• Enriching student learning by providing experiential learning opportunities.
• Having a broad impact to enhance the social fabric and economic development in Vermont, while promoting sustainable communities.
• Promoting diversity and ensure a global perspective in our programs.
Last modified March 01 2013 02:04 PM