WID Lending Library
WID has a library of books about writing across and within the various academic disciplines. To check availability, view our catalogue (opens in a new window) or contact us. To check out a book, visit us at 302 Howe Memorial Library.
UVM Libraries: Literature of Teaching
This list includes links to fabulous books about teaching available online to UVM affiliates.
The WAC Clearinghouse (opens in a new window) is a wide-ranging scholarly site by Colorado State University about communication across the curriculum. It houses several publications on writing in the disciplines. Use the helpful search box on the homepage to explore materials on any teaching topics of interest.
Assignment Design, Response, and More
Responding to Writing
Check out the books we have available on this topic!
Faculty Development Offices @ UVM
Writing, Research & Teaching
- The UVM Writing Centers
- Foundational Writing & Information Literacy
- The Green Mountain Writing Project at UVM
- UVM Libraries
- The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL)
Programs of Study in Writing @ UVM
While every major or minor at UVM offers students opportunities to learn about writing, students who are interested in focusing on writing might consider majors, minors or courses in the following areas:
- English: Creative Writing, Expository Writing, and Creative Nonfiction
- Community Development and Applied Economics: Public Communication and Consumer and Advertising
- Education: Theory and methods courses address issues of literacy
Student Publications & other Writing Opportunities
- The Gist is an RSO publication of student writing and visual art, including fiction, essays, poetry, photography, and painting
- The Vermont Cynic is a student-run print and online weekly newspaper, and one of UVM's largest RSOs
- The Watertower "UVM's alternative news mag"
- Student Research Conference is a one-day forum featuring oral presentations and posters of graduate student research projects