Sponsored Project Administration - SPA
Active Limited Competitions
- A limited competition is a grant program in which the sponsor restricts the number of applications that can come from a single institution.
- Scroll down for additional information about UVM's internal
Click on column headings below to sort by columns.
|Date Posted||Sponsor||Program Link||Internal UVM Deadline||Sponsor Deadline||Campus Announcement||Discipline|
||The Medical Foundation
Geneen Charitable Trust Awards Program for Coronary Heart
||Lake Champlain Basin Program
in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Development Program in Emergency Care Research (K12)
and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers (U19)
Development Programs in Diabetes Research for Pediatric
Rheumatic Diseases Research Resource - Based Centers (P30)
UVM's Internal Process
- When a limited competition is identified, SPA posts it to the Active Limited Competitions list above and sends a campus announcement to the relevant Deans, Directors and Chairs.
- The campus announcement includes
- information about the grant program
- a request for specific information
- a deadline by which investigators must notify SPA of their intent to apply.
- If the number of UVM investigators wishing to apply exceeds the number permitted, the final decision rests with either the Vice President for Research if interest is across colleges, or by the Dean if all applicants are within one college.
- SPA informs investigators of the decision and those selected can begin preparing a full proposal at that time.
- Please note that the list of limited competitions compiled by SPA is not exhaustive.
- Anyone who wants to apply to a limited competition not posted on the list should contact SPA so we can post the opportunity and conduct the process described above.
Hilda Alajajian, Grant
Resource Specialist, (802) 656-1322
Last modified August 21 2015 03:10 PM