Sponsored Project Administration - SPA
Active Limited Competitions
- A limited competition is a grant program in which the sponsor restricts the number of applications that can come from a single institution.
- Scroll down for additional information about UVM's internal
Click on column headings below to sort by columns.
|Date Posted||Sponsor||Program Link||Internal UVM Deadline||Sponsor Deadline||Campus Announcement||Discipline|
||Office of Justice
Study of Dual System Youth
||Brain Research Fdn
Training Program in the Neurosciences (T32)
Grants Initiative to Advance Child Health
|03/16/15||NIH||Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics (R25)||04/06/15||06/01/15||Medical/Health
|03/12/15||NIH||Validation of Pediatric Patient Reported Outcomes in Chronic Diseases (PEPR) Consortium (U19)||04/02/15||06/02/15||Medical/Health
and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Research Centers 2015
Traineeship (NRT) Program
Instrumentation (HEI) Grant program
and Discovering of Data and Metadata Generated through
Projects Funded by the NSF Arctic Sciences Section
Musculoskeletal Biology and Medicine Resource-based
Research and Extension Experiential Learning Fellowship
Rheumatic Diseases Research Resource - Based Centers (P30)
Instrumentation Grant (SIG)
W.M. Keck Foundation: Medical Research Program
||Dec 22, 2014;
May 11, 2015 (2 cycles)
|May 1, 2015; November 1, 2015 (2
W.M. Keck Foundation: Science and Engineering Research
||Dec 22, 2014; May
|May 1, 2015; November 1, 2015
UVM's Internal Process
- When a limited competition is identified, SPA posts it to the Active Limited Competitions list above and sends a campus announcement to the relevant Deans, Directors and Chairs.
- The campus announcement includes
- information about the grant program
- a request for specific information
- a deadline by which investigators must notify SPA of their intent to apply.
- If the number of UVM investigators wishing to apply exceeds the number permitted, the final decision rests with either the Vice President for Research if interest is across colleges, or by the Dean if all applicants are within one college.
- SPA informs investigators of the decision and those selected can begin preparing a full proposal at that time.
- Please note that the list of limited competitions compiled by SPA is not exhaustive.
- Anyone who wants to apply to a limited competition not posted on the list should contact SPA so we can post the opportunity and conduct the process described above.
Hilda Alajajian, Grant
Resource Specialist, (802) 656-1322
Last modified April 22 2015 02:41 PM