Search Tools and Alert Services
- Pivot (UVM subscription; NetID required)
- InfoEd SPIN (being discontinued Spring 2020; UVM subscription; NetID required)
- Vermont Directory of Foundations
- Grants.gov Search Grants (for federal agencies to post discretionary funding opportunities)
- FedBizOpps.gov (for Federal Government Procurement Opportunities over $25,000)
- Pivot Alerts
- InfoEd SPIN/SMARTS Saved Search Alerts
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts (for all NIH announcements) use Advanced Search to create targeted alert
- National Science Foundation Update or Social Media Tools for news and grant announcements
- USDA/NIFA Sign up for Email or other Social Media Tools for News and Events Updates
- Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
- Grants.gov E-mail Subscription for Funding Notices for any federal agencies without individual alert sign ups
- Philanthropy News Digest RFPs - alerts and search engine for Foundation and other grantmaking organization funding opportunities
- A limited competition is a grant program where the sponsor restricts the number of applications that may be submitted by an institution, thus requiring an internal selection process.
- SPA along with several other units on campus use the UVM InfoReady Review Portal for interested applicants to submit their expressions of interest to be the selected applicant.
- See the Current Active Limited Competitions webpage for the internal announcement and instructions for expressing interest.
Internal UVM Sources
The Office of the Vice President for Research offers several internal grant completions designed specifically to stimulate research and scholarship.