1. PLAN TO CHECK OUT 24 hours after your last exam, or by 12:00 noon Saturday, May 11, whichever comes first.
Please be aware that you may be billed a $50 improper-checkout charge if you stay late without permission, do not check out by 12:00 noon Saturday, or do not check out at all.
- Graduating seniors who register online with ResLife for a free one-week late stay;
- Students registered for the first week of ResLife summer academic housing;
- Students registered for summer temporary housing or intern housing that starts right away (offered by Universtiy Event Services).
2. SIGN THE CLOSING SHEET on your door.
Read it. Sign it. Lock your door. Then go to your main desk to check out.
3. STOP AT YOUR MAIN DESK TO CHECK OUT AND RETURN ALL KEYS. (CHECK OUT EVEN IF YOU LOST YOUR KEY.)
If the desk is closed, use an express checkout Key Return envelope (available at your main desk). If you lost your key, write "lost key" on the envelope. Your student account will be billed for any keys that are not returned when you leave. Due to our tight turnaround time with summer conferences, we must order lock changes right away. Please do not mail us your keys—we cannot accept them.