MPH Full-time Faculty Publications
Jan K. Carney, MD, MPH
- Crowley RA, Bornstein SS, Carney JK, Cooney TG, Engel LS, Gantzer HE, Henry TL, Lenchus JD, McCandless BM, Southworth MB, Syed F, Valdrighi A, Quinton J, Wallace MA. Improving the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act’s Insurance Coverage Provisions: A Position Paper from the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med 2019; 170(9): 651-653.
- H. Daniel, S.S. Bornstein, J.K. Carney, T.G. Cooney, L.S. Engel, H.E. Gantzer, T.L. Henry, J.D. Lenchus, B.M. McCandless, M.B. Southworth, F. Syed, J. Quinton, M.A. Wallace, A. Valdrighi. Policy Recommendations for Public Health Plans to Stem the Escalating Costs of Prescription Drugs: A Position Paper From the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med. 2019; Nov 12. doi: 10.7326/M19-0013. [Epub ahead of print]
- H. Daniel, S.S. Bornstein, J.K. Carney, T.G. Cooney, L.S. Engel, H.E. Gantzer, T.L. Henry, J.D. Lenchus, B.M. McCandless, M.B. Southworth, F. Syed, J. Quinton, M.A. Wallace, A. Valdrighi. Policy Recommendations for Pharmacy Benefit Managers to Stem the Escalating Costs of Prescription Drugs: A Position Paper From the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med. 2019 Nov 12. doi: 10.7326/M19-0035. [Epub ahead of print]
- Arnell TL, York C, Nadeau A, Donnelly ML, Till L, Zargari P, Davis W, Finley C, Delaney T, Carney J. The Role of the Dental Community in Oropharyngeal Cancer Prevention Through HPV Vaccine Advocacy. J Cancer Educ. 2019 Nov 14. doi: 10.1007/s13187-019-01628-w.
- Sacco AY, Self QR, Worswick EL, Couperus CJ, Kolli SS, Muñoz SA, Carney JK, Repp AB. Patients’ Perspectives of Diagnostic Error: A Qualitative Study. Journal of Patient Safety: March 11, 2020.
- Martin K, Ryan R, Delaney T, Kaminsky DA, Neary SJ, Witt EE, Lambert-Fliszar F, Remy K, Sanford S, Grenoble K, Carney JK. Radon From the Ground into Our Schools: Parent and Guardian Awareness of Radon. SAGE Open January-March 2020: 1-8.
Thomas Delaney, PhD, MA
- Arnell LA, York C, Nadeau A, Donnelly ML, Till L, Zargari P, Davis W, Finley C, Delaney TV, Carney JK (2019). The Role of the Dental Community in Oropharyngeal Cancer Prevention through HPV-Vaccine Advocacy. Journal of Cancer Education.
- Martin K, Witt EA, Neary SJ, Lambert-Fliszar F, Ryan R, Kaminsky DA, Delaney TV, Carney JK. Radon: From the Ground into Our Schools. Parent and Guardian Awareness of Radon. SAGE Open. (In press)
- Sacco A, Couperus C, Kolli S, Munoz S, Self Q, Reeves R, Worswick E, Carney JK, Delaney T, Repp A. Patients’ Perspectives of Diagnostic Error: A Qualitative Study. Submitted to BMJ Quality and Safety. (Under review)
- Goldberg E, Earle W, Griffin M, Kardys A, Moring N, Schoen E, Vayda E, Fontaine K, Jemison J, Chawla R, Carney J, Delaney T. Statewide Assessment of School Readiness and Practices around Suicide Prevention. Submitted to Crisis. (Under review)
Kelsey Gleason, ScD, MS
- Bhatt, Mihir, Ronak B. Patel, Kelsey M. Gleason, and Mehul Pandya. “Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation in South Asia.” In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Natural Hazard Science. 2020.
- Van den Broek-Altenburg, Eline, Adam Atherly, Sean Diehl, Kelsey M. Gleason, Victoria Hart, Charles MacLean, Daniel Barkhuff, Mark Levine, and Jan Carney. “Risk Factors for COVID-19: Community Exposure and Mask-Wearing.” Available at SSRN 3676570 (2020).
- Atherly, Adam, Eline Van Den Broek-Altenburg, Victoria Hart, Kelsey M. Gleason, and Jan Carney. “Consumer Reported Care Deferrals Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and the Role and Potential of Telemedicine: Cross-Sectional Analysis.” JMIR Public Health and Surveillance 6, no. 3 (2020): e21607
- Kelsey M. Gleason, Linda Valeri, A.H. Shankar, Md Omar Sharif Ibne Hasan, Quazi Quamruzzaman, Ema G. Rodrigues, David C. Christiani, Robert O. Wright, David C. Bellinger, and Maitreyi Mazumdar, “Stunting in early childhood may increase susceptibility to adverse effects of environmental lead exposure on cognition: results from a birth cohort in Bangladesh” Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 12, 39 (2020).
- Bhatt M, Gleason KM, and Patel RB. Natural Hazards Governance in South Asia. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Natural Hazard Science. Oxford University Press, 2019 [DOI: 10.1093/acrefore/9780199389407.013.231].
- Signes-Pastor, Antonio J., Doherty, Brett T.; Romano, Megan E.; Gleason, Kelsey M.; Gui, Jiang; Baker, Emily; Karagas, Margaret R. Prenatal exposure to metal mixture and sex-specific birth outcomes in the New Hampshire Birth Cohort Study. Environmental Epidemiology (2019) 3:e068. [DOI: 10.1097/EE9.0000000000000068]
- Bhatt M, Gleason KM, and Patel RB. Integrating DRR and CCA in South Asia: Challenge and Opportunity for Natural Hazard Governance. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Natural Hazard Science. Oxford University Press. In Press.
Victoria Hart, PhD, MS
- Atherly A, Van Den Broek-Altenburg E, Hart V, Gleason K, Carney J. Consumer Reported Care Deferrals Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and the Role and Potential of Telemedicine: Cross-Sectional Analysis. JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2020 Sep 14;6(3):e21607. PMID: 32833661; PMCID: PMC7498465.
- van den Broek-Altenburg EM, Atherly AJ, Diehl SA, Gleason KM, Hart V, MacLean CD, Barkhuff DA, Levine MA, Carney JK. Jobs, Housing, and Mask Wearing: Cross-Sectional Study of Risk Factors for COVID-19. JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2021 Jan 11;7(1):e24320. PMID: 33315576; PMCID: PMC7800904.
- Bardach NS, Harder VS, McCulloch C, Thombley R, Shaw J, Hart V, Cabana MC. Follow-up After Asthma ED Visits and its Relationship with Subsequent Asthma-related Utilization: A Multi-state analysis. In review, submitted Feb 2021
- Hart V, Trentham-Dietz A, Berkman A, Fujii M, Veal C, Hampton J, Gangnon RE, Newcomb PA, Gilchrist SC, Sprague BL. The association between post-diagnosis health behaviors and long-term quality of life in survivors of ductal carcinoma in situ: a population-based longitudinal cohort study. Qual Life Res. 2018 May;27(5):1237-47. PMCID: 6168944
- Sandoval MB,2, King JG, Hart V, Repp AB. Increasing Advance Care Planning in Primary Care Practices: a Multi-site Quality Improvement Initiative. J Gen Intern Med. 2019 Jun;34(6):809-11. PMID: 30604129