The provost and senior vice president serves as the chief academic officer of the University of Vermont. Working closely with the president, the deans, the vice presidents, and other members of the president’s senior leadership team, the provost is responsible for the advancement of all dimensions of academic excellence, including enhancing the University’s intellectual climate, fostering faculty collaboration and development, supporting innovative instruction and scholarship, advancing diversity and inclusion, and creating an outstanding student experience.
As the academic leader of the campus, the Provost has direct responsibility for faculty and academic affairs, the colleges and schools, the Larner College of Medicine, Continuing and Distance Education, student life and services, enrollment management functions, global educational initiatives, the university libraries, the university museum, and numerous university-wide offices, centers, and programs.
Meet a Catamount: Alex Naccarto
Proud to share another video in our Meet a Catamount Series as Alex Naccarto talks about his research and internship experience at the Echo System Science.
- Academic Advising
- Academic Program Review
- Catalogue/Academic Policies
- Collective Bargaining Agreements/Faculty Handbook/Officers' Manual
- Complaint Procedure
- Course Action Forms
- Diversity and Inclusion at UVM
- Diversity Course Requirement
- Framework for Inclusive Excellence (Excel)
- Gund Institute for Environment
- Inquiry (Research, Scholarship and the Arts Reports)
- NEASC Accreditation
- UVMMC Affiliation Agreement (PDF)