When creating a new event in Outlook or OWA (Outlook for the Web), you will see a Show As setting that can be set to Free, Working Elsewhere, Tentative, Busy, or Away. Your selection here is what others will see as your status when viewing this event on your schedule.
- Indicates you are available for new appointment requests.
- Tasks during which other appointments can be made should be set as Free.
- Working Elsewhere
- Currently out of office, but working.
- Indicates you are not available for appointments in your normal location, but you may still be able to be contacted for work purposes.
- This setting is used to indicate this is an appointment that has not yet been confirmed.
- Indicates you are unavailable during this time and will not be able to accept new appointments.
- Private events will always display as Busy to others.
- Indicates you are unavailable during this time; Away from work entirely.
- This setting is frequently used to indicate full day absences for vacations/time off.