The Global Studies program acknowledges excellent performance in Global Studies by granting deserving students a BA in global studies with honors. Senior students seeking honors recognition are required to submit a portfolio of work, including sample papers and a narrative explaining how the completion of any two of the above three activities fits into their overall major. A committee of global studies faculty members review the portfolio and determines if the work is worthy of our honors designation.
Those students seeking this recognition must submit the following:
- Graduating seniors with a BA in Global Studies
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Transcript showing received credit for language minor or double major, completion of semester of study abroad or internship (or appropriate alternative)
- 2 relevant papers from GRS-related coursework at the upper level (one assignment from GRS 200 and one from any other GRS-approved upper level elective)
- A narrative of between 2-4 pages explaining why you should receive this designation
Outstanding students pursue a rigorous program of academic study and must complete two of the following three achievements towards earning an honors designation with their degree:
- Completion of a minor or double-major in a foreign language
- Completion of a thesis for honors through the College of Arts and Sciences Honors program
- Completion of at least one semester of study abroad or an internship or service-learning experience (or appropriate alternative).