Tuition and Fees:
The UVM Sustainable Innovation MBA is one of the best values on the market. Tuition for the year long program for the 2018-2019 cohort is estimated* to be $52,976 for out-of-state students and $32,028 for Vermont residents.
Residency is determined by the University of Vermont Residency Officer and students are classified as either in-state or out-of-state for tuition purposes under the University of Vermont Board of Trustees Residency Regulations.
*For exact tuition costs, fees, and other estimated costs (e.g., books) for the 2018-2019 academic year, please contact UVM's Student Financial Services office: 802-656-5700
Steps for Applying for Financial Aid:
- Complete the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Your 2017 Federal Tax Return information will be required to complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA
- Submit your FAFSA using UVM's School Code 003696
By completing the 2018-2019 FAFSA, you will be considered for financial aid for Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019.
Program Schedule - Credits by semester:
- Summer 2018 -- 1 credit
- Fall 2018 -- 19 credits
- Spring 2019 -- 18 credits
- Summer 2019 -- 7 credits
- Total Program Credits -- 45
Cost of Attendance:
- Tuition is based on residency status In State/Out of State, as determined by the University of Vermont
- The COA is made up of billable and *non-billable expenses:
- Tuition and fees (billable)
- *Miscellaneous expenses (relating to direct or indirect program costs)
- *Room & Board
- *Books and Supplies
- *Stafford/Grad PLUS Loan Fees
*Non-billable items are estimates of what the student may incur but are not charged for by the university. These expenses are factored into the COA so that the Federal Loans can be maximized to help meet these expenses. The estimated expenses cannot be adjusted based on individual student expenses. These are standard estimates that are used for all students attending the University of Vermont.
Types of Financial Aid:
- Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (Check your cumulative Unsubsidized Loan amount - cannot be in default - cannot have a bankruptcy)
- Direct Grad PLUS Loan - (Must qualify - credit based loan)
- UVM Graduate Scholarship - Determination is made by the School of Business regarding eligibility/amount of scholarship
Financial Aid Award Offered Amounts:
- Maximum Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- $20,500.00 (10,250 Fall semester, 10,250 Spring semester)
- Maximum Direct Grad PLUS Loan (Fall/Spring)
- Cost of Attendance (for fall/spring)minus outside aid (scholarships/grants) and or (UVM Graduate Scholarships) equals amount that student may be eligible to apply for)
- Maximum Direct Grad PLUS (Summer 2019)
- Students may be eligible to apply up to the Cost of attendance minus any other aid (grants, scholarships, private loans) if applicable. There is no remaining eligibility for Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan for Summer if the student borrowed the maximum $20,500 for Fall/Spring semesters
All financial aid is disbursed 10 days prior to the start of classes each semester. Aid is disbursed by semester.
EXAMPLE: If a student borrows $20,500 in Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, the loan is disbursed in two equal disbursements ten days prior to the start of Fall semester and ten days prior to the start of Spring semester.
Students should review all loan interest rates and origination fees associated with borrowing under any loan program. This information can be found on the UVM SFS Website.