Scholarships for undergraduate students are awarded on a variety of factors. The following scholarships are available and require a separate application.
Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships
Eligibility determined by ROTC; please contact Military Studies at (802) 656-5757.
Annual scholarship assistance covering full tuition and fees.
U.S. citizenship required.
Visit the UVM Army ROTC website for more specific information.
General information about Army ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Army ROTC website.
Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships
- Offered through a dual enrollment agreement among UVM, Norwich University and Air Force ROTC.
- ROTC instruction provided on the campus of Norwich University.
- Eligibility determined by Air Force ROTC.
- Annual scholarship assistance covering full tuition and fees.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Learn more about the Air Force ROTC Detachment 867 at the Norwich ROTC website.
- General information about Air Force ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Air Force ROTC website.
ROTC National Room & Board Scholarship
- First-year applicants who are recipients of three-year or four-year ROTC National Scholarships, and are living on-campus, are eligible to receive credit for typical on-campus room and board expenses.
- Contact Army ROTC or Air Force ROTC for more information.
- The UVM ROTC Room and Board Scholarship will only be paid to the value of a "Traditional Double" Room Type. The student's meal option will only be paid to the value of a "Retail Dining and Points" plan. The actual amount is subject to change based on fluctuations in UVM’s cost of attendance.
- Students receiving the scholarship may reside in on or off-campus housing, but not living at home.
- The meal plan scholarship is only for students living in University owned and billed housing, off-campus students are not eligible for the meal plan scholarship.
- Students studying abroad through exchange programs where housing and meals are billed through an all-inclusive program fee will be eligible for the housing and meal scholarship.
- UVM ROTC Room & Board Scholarship only apply to the fall and spring semesters.
- Recipients must remain contracted and in good standing with Army or Air Force ROTC to continue receiving the scholarship.
- Available to both Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC students.
Simon Family Scholarship - Out of State Students Only
- Application deadline for 2019-20: January 21, 2019
- Out-of-State prospective, first-time undergraduate students admitted to the College of Arts & Sciences who demonstrate outstanding academic merit, financial need, leadership and volunteerism may apply for this scholarship.
- Determination of financial need is based on the FAFSA, so applicants must file their FAFSA by January 21, 2019 in addition to submitting their scholarship application.
- A small number of students are invited to campus to be interviewed by faculty and staff. The recipient will receive a $20,000 annual Simon Family Scholarship. The recipient is expected to excel as a student leader on campus and through volunteer work in the community. Recipients are also expected to maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required.
Yellow Ribbon Scholarship - Out of State Students Only
Learn more about Yellow Ribbon Scholarship eligibility and how to apply.