Scholarships for undergraduate students are awarded on a variety of factors. The following scholarships are available and require a separate application.
Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships
- Offered through a dual enrollment agreement among UVM, Norwich University and Air Force ROTC.
- ROTC instruction provided on the campus of Norwich University.
- Eligibility determined by Air Force ROTC.
- Annual scholarship assistance covering full tuition and fees.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Learn more about the Air Force ROTC Detachment 867 at the Norwich ROTC website.
- General information about Air Force ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Air Force ROTC website.
Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships
Eligibility determined by ROTC; please contact Military Studies at (802) 656-5757.
Annual scholarship assistance covering full tuition and fees.
U.S. citizenship required.
Visit the UVM Army ROTC website for more specific information.
General information about Army ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Army ROTC website.
ROTC National Room & Board Scholarship
- Available to recipients of three-year or four-year Army ROTC National Scholarships and Type 1, 2 or 7 Air Force ROTC National Scholarships who, are living on or off-campus (but not at-home with parents), are eligible to receive credit for typical on-campus room expenses and, for on-campus students only, a credit for typical meal plan expenses.
- Contact Army ROTC or Air Force ROTC for more information.
- The UVM ROTC Room and Board Scholarship will only be paid to the value of a "Traditional Double" Room Type. For students living on-campus only, the student's meal option will only be paid to the value of a "Retail Dining and Points" plan. The actual amount is subject to change based on fluctuations in UVM’s cost of attendance.
- Students receiving the scholarship may reside in on or off-campus housing, but not living at home.
- The meal plan scholarship is only for students living in University owned and billed housing, off-campus students are not eligible for the meal plan scholarship.
- Students studying abroad through exchange programs where housing and meals are billed through an all-inclusive program fee will be eligible for the housing and meal scholarship.
- UVM ROTC Room & Board Scholarship only apply to the fall and spring semesters.
- Recipients must remain contracted and in good standing with Army or Air Force ROTC and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 to continue receiving the scholarship.
- Recipients must be enrolled in 12 or more credits per semester.
- Available to both Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC students.
Simon Family Scholarship- Out of State Students Only
- Application deadline for 2023-24: January 15, 2023
- Out-of-State prospective, U.S. citizen or permanent resident, first-time undergraduate students admitted to the College of Arts & Sciences
- Simon Family Scholarship requires demonstration of academic excellence, leadership, community service, and high financial need.
- Consideration for this scholarship requires submission of the FAFSA by January 6, 2023 to ensure UVM has received your FAFSA for review by the scholarship application deadline.
- The Simon Family Scholarship is $20,000 per year, renewable with maintenance of a 3.0 cumulative GPA, and active participation as a student leader and in service is expected.
UVM First Nations' Scholarship
The First Nations' Scholarship is a donor established scholarship fund supporting new or current UVM students who demonstrate interest in impacting communities of Indigenous peoples. This interest could be focused on pursuing work as a future educator, social service leaders, health practitioner, or any type of work that centers the well-being of indigenous students, families, and communities.
- Applicants must have financial need, demonstrated on the FAFSA, and demonstrate an interest in issues impacting communities of indigenous peoples.
- Preference is given to students pursuing a degree in UVM’s College of Education and Social Services and to students who identify as Indigenous/Alaskan Indigenous.
- Application deadline for the 2023-24 year is February 17, 2023.
- Students may reapply for the scholarship for future years; there is no automatic renewal.
- The amount of this scholarship varies per recipient and per year, based on financial need and the availability of funding.
Yellow Ribbon Scholarship - Out of State Students Only
Learn more about Yellow Ribbon Scholarship eligibility and how to apply.