Students living on campus are billed each semester for a room, meal plan, and Inter-Residence Association fee. Semester bills are payable to UVM Student Financial Services in August and January.

Room Rates by Tier

Standard Tier

Halls: Cottages, Christy/Wright/Patterson, Converse, Coolidge, Jeanne Mance, Marsh/Austin/Tupper, McAuley, Mercy, Redstone, Slade, Wing/Davis/Wilks

Room Type

Academic Year Cost

Semester Cost

Traditional Single



Traditional Double




Traditional Triple



Traditional Quad



Suite Single

$10, 814.00


Suite Double



Suite Triple





Halls: Harris/Millis, Hunt, McCann, Mason/Simpson/Hamilton, Living/Learning, Ready, Richardson, Sichel

Room Type

Academic Year Cost

Semester Cost

Traditional Single

These buildings do not house any rooms of this type.

Traditional Double



Traditional Triple



Traditional Quad



Suite Single



Suite Double



Suite Triple





Halls: Central Campus Residence Hall, University Heights North and South

Room Type

Academic Year Cost

Semester Cost

Private Single





Private Double




Private Triple



Traditional Single



Traditional Double



Traditional Triple

These buildings do not house any rooms of this type.

Suite Single



Suite Double



Suite Triple




About Tiered Housing

UVM Housing offers three tiers of structured room rates based on amenities:

  • Basic: Standard rate for traditional, hall-style accommodation
  • Enhanced: Spaces with increased conveniences like in-residence dining halls, or suite-style living
  • Premium: Rooms in our newest halls with amenities, such as private bathrooms, climate control, in-building fitness centers, and more.

For more information about Room Styles and Types, please view our Room Rate FAQs and Hall Information page.

Offset Cost Assistance

To allow all residents the opportunity to fully participate in all themed housing choices  regardless of their financial status, we offer a discretionary housing fund to offset a portion of the higher room rates in some Learning Communities (such as University Heights and Living/Learning).  Financial aid packages are based on the cost of a traditional double room,  but  we also house students in double, triple, or single rooms arranged in private, suite, or traditional-style rooms.

Students who receive need-based assistance and are members of these programs may request  offset cost assistance  if:

  • They are assigned to a qualifying room that is more expensive than the standard room rate and Student Financial Services determines the extra cost to be a financial hardship.
  • The offset cost assistance request form is in the housing portal, visible during specific times of the year only to residents of qualified rooms.
  • The deadline to request is the last day of add/drop each semester.

We're happy to offer this opportunity to our residents. For any questions, please contact us at or (802) 656-3434

Other Costs

Meal Plans

We work closely with Dining and the Meal Plan Office to offer a variety of meal plan options for on and off-campus students. Please visit this page for up to date information about meal plans.

Academic Break Room Rates

FALL$161 for the week
WINTER$161 per week, $535 for all four weeks
SPRING$161 for the week

Residents who choose to remain on campus during academic breaks will see an additional charge on their student account after the break

Meal plans are not available during academic breaks.

Learn more about Academic Break Housing→

Inter-Residence Association Fee (IRA)

A non-refundable  Inter-Residence Association (IRA)  fee of $30, $15 billed each semester  is charged to each student to fund events, leadership development opportunities, and other campus-based initiatives as determined by residence hall councils. IRA is a campus student government organization made up of elected executive leadership and student representatives from residential complexes. 

Read more about IRA →

Keys, Damage, and Health & Safety


Fourth lockout: $25
Unreturned bike room key: $25
Unreturned room key: $55
Unreturned elevator key: $500


Possession of University property (including Exit Signs): $500
Covered smoke detector: $500
Empty alcohol container, smoking/smoke: $150-$250
Drug paraphernalia: $150-$250


After May move-out, all student rooms are inspected by our staff, and residents may be charged for damaged/missing items, extra cleaning, or late/improper checkout.
Charges are billed in mid-June and appear as assigned damage on the account.
Assigned damage charges may be appealed.
We email students in mid-June with directions on how to do that.
Damage appeal deadline is June 30.