Celebrating Our Accomplishments
Our division’s engagement with becoming a more diverse, inclusive, and multiculturally competent division has been sustained for more than a decade. Recently we were nationally recognized for our efforts.
- In 2014, 2015 and 2016, we were named in Diverse: Issues in Higher Education magazine as “One of the Most Promising Places to Work in Student Affairs”.
- In 2013, ACPA College Student Educators International awarded our division’s diversity professional development series the Voice for Inclusion Medallion for Exemplary Program.
Our Commitment to Professional Staff Development
Diversity and multicultural competency professional development are critical components to our division’s organizational culture. For staff in our division, diversity professional development can occur at the divisional level (e.g., Diversity Professional Development Series, Diversity Library), the departmental level (e.g., staff meetings, retreats, programs), and the individual level (e.g., attending events and programs, presenting at conferences).
Throughout the years, many of our staff have attended, facilitated, or presented diversity-related programs at the following:
- Social Justice Training Institute
- National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education
- Next Step Social Justice Retreat
- Translating Identity Conference
- ACPA College Student Educators International Annual Convention
- NASPA Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education Annual Conference
Our Commitment to Student Learning
We remain committed to advancing our diversity efforts within the larger University but especially in the departments that influence campus programs and student experiences. Below are just a few examples of the ways in which we support student learning related to diversity and multicultural competency.