Green Intrastructure Collaborative Coordinator (Open 8/12/2021)
Lake Champlain Sea Grant (LCSG) and the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (VTDEC) are hiring a Green Infrastructure Collaborative Coordinator at the University of Vermont. This position will oversee and provide leadership to facilitate all aspects of the Green Infrastructure Collaborative (GIC), a partnership between LCSG and VTDEC to bridge the gap between research, extension, and application of Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) and natural asset management to support healthy aquatic ecosystems and hazard resiliency in Vermont and the Lake Champlain basin and to achieve University outreach goals and VTDEC water quality goals.
The position will create and implement outreach and educational programming and professional development opportunities to reflect the current state of knowledge in these fields, linking university research and pedagogy in support of the Clean Water Service Delivery Act of 2019. The position will also promote information exchange among University, VTDEC, and external stakeholders through the statewide Green Infrastructure Roundtable.
- Master’s degree in natural resources, landscape architecture, sustainability, environmental resources, green infrastructure or a closely related field and 2 to 4 years of related experience required.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating formal and informal adult education programs required.
- Advanced knowledge of green infrastructure and nature-based solutions required.
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating meetings and communications across multiple stakeholder groups required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to work independently and be innovative in solving problems required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work with diverse constituencies required.
- Knowledge and adeptness in using various web-based tools and programs, and the Microsoft program suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Experience seeking, applying for, and reporting on competitive grants required.
- Ability to provide own transportation for travel to and from various work sites and locations required.
For additional details and to apply, please visit: https://www.uvmjobs.com/postings/46477
Application review will begin September 2, 2021.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are required to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.