Committee on Human Research in Medical Sciences - CHRMS Meetings
Deadline for submission of full review protocols is four weeks prior to the meeting date (usually the second to last Wednesday of the previous month).
*Exception for Holiday Break
|Meeting Dates||Submission Deadlines|
|June 19, 2019||May 22, 2019|
|July 17, 2019||June 19, 2019|
|August 21, 2019||July 24, 2019|
|September 18, 2019||August 21, 2019|
|October 16, 2019||September 18, 2019|
|November 13, 2019||October 16, 2019|
|December 18, 2019||November 20, 2019|
|January 15, 2020||December 18, 2019|
Committee on Human Research in the Behavioral and Social Sciences - CHRBSS Meetings
Deadline for submission of full review protocols is typically four weeks prior to the meeting date.
* Exception Winter Break
|Meeting Dates||Submission Deadlines|
|June 11, 2019||May 14, 2019|
|July 9, 2019||June 11, 2019|
|August 13, 2019||July 16, 2019|
|September 10, 2019||August 13, 2019|
|October 8, 2019||September 10, 2019|
|November 12, 2019||October 15, 2019|
|December 10, 2019||November 12, 2019|
|January 14, 2020||December 17, 2019|
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee - IACUC Meetings
- Meeting dates and times are generally the 4th Monday of the month at 3:30 pm.
- Some meetings are earlier than the 4th Monday due to UVM holiday schedule.
- Meetings generally take place in either the Health Science Research Facility (HSRF) or Waterman 427A. Please refer to the schedule below for specific details.
Veterinarian Review Requirements
- All new protocols must be reviewed and signed off on by the UVM Veterinarian, Ruth Blauwiekel, D.V.M., Ph.D. (email link), prior to submission to the IACUC Office.
- Investigators should contact the UVM Veterinarian according to the chart below to allow enough time for the vet review and revisions prior to submission.
- New protocols will not be considered for IACUC review until this has been completed and the Veterinarian signed off on the protocol.
|Deadline for Veterinarian Review||Submission Deadline for RPO||IACUC Meeting Date||Meeting Location|
|September 2, 2019||September 9, 2019||September 23, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|October 7, 2019||October 14, 2019||October 28, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|November 4, 2019||November 11, 2019||November 18, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|November 25, 2019||December 2, 2019||December 16, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|January 6, 2020||January 13, 2010||January 27, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|February 3, 2020||February 10, 2020||February 24, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|March 2, 2020||March 9, 2020||March 23, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|April 6, 2020||April 13, 2020||April 27, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|May 4, 2020||May 11, 2020||May 25, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|June 1, 2020||June 8, 2020||June 22, 2020||Waterman 427A|
Institutional Biosafety Committee - IBC Meetings
- Meetings are generally on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 2:00pm unless otherwise noted.
Biological Review Requirements
- All new Master Protocol Registrations and amendments which add new projects or locations to an existing registration must be reviewed and signed off by the UVM Biological Safety Officer (BSO).
- Investigators should contact the BSO to allow enough time for a meeting and possible site visit to the lab prior to the IBC meeting date.
- Registration materials must be submitted to the IBC Office through UVMClick.
- Once reviewed by the BSO, projects and any supplemental materials will be placed on the next available agenda.
- New projects will not be considered for IBC review until this has been completed and the BSO has signed off.
|IBC Meeting Date||Meeting Location|
|August 20, 2019||HSRF 200|
|September 10, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|October 8, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|November 12, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|December 10, 2019||Waterman 427A|
|January 14, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|February 11, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|March 10, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|April 14, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|May 12, 2020||Waterman 427A|
|June 9, 2020||Waterman 427A|