Our hometown is known nationally as a center for innovative thinking. Here in the birthplace of Burton and Ben & Jerry’s, develop the next big idea that could solve a global problem, launch a business, or design the future.
LEARN WHERE YOU LIVE
Make your home on a campus in the midst of a community grounded in the innovative spirit. Explore the state-of-the-art laboratory, classrooms, and research facilities of UVM’s STEM complex. Engage with the Generator and other incubator spaces in Burlington. Let your interests drive you to make, learn, and explore in an in-house design thinking space.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- First time, first-year students will take Innovation Explored, a one-credit course centered on design thinking.
- Faculty across a multitude of disciplines will lend their expertise and mentor the innovative spirit within.
Connect with local innovators and entrepreneurs. Tackle real-world challenges and creatively apply what you learn. Harness creativity and innovation skills to lead you to your career goals.
Undergraduate Course Facilitator (UCF): Work closely with the Innovation & Entrepreneurship faculty and staff to instruct the first-year course "Innovation Explored." Application opens in March.
Learning Community Leader (LCL): Serve as a primary role model for other students in the LC and work closely with Innovation & Entrepreneurship staff to create a successful educational experience and learning environment. Applications accepted in January of each year.
Resident Advisor (RA): Work closely with the Innovation & Entrepreneurship team as a primary resource for students to build a sense of home and support community connections and involvement. Students interested in this position should be on the lookout for RA Info Sessions in November.
Hall Council Member: A great way to have a voice and action in our Innovation & Entrepreneurship community. More information about Hall Council will be available at the beginning of the fall semester.
Some events to get excited about!
- Peace Paper-Making: Make paper and learn firsthand about sustainable paper-making as a form of social entrepreneurship.
- Champlain Mini Maker Faire: Discover what it means to be a maker and try your hand with makers in our community.
- Pop-up Shops: Learn a new skill, strategy, or workshop an idea in our ongoing series of hands-on skill-building sessions.
Locations: Hamilton, Mason, Simpson
Please check your housing contract for more specific location information.