About Linda Roberts
Linda Roberts is an experienced Education Instructor skilled in Epidemiology, Oncology, Healthcare, Clinical Research, and Medicine. She is a healthcare services professional with a M.H.S. focused in Human Genetics/Genetic Epidemiology from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and B.S. in nursing from Wayne State University. She has worked in the Vermont Department of Health as a Public Health Analyst in Research, Epidemiology, and Evaluation, and as a Research Project Coordinator and Data Manager in the Department of Epidemiology, Center for Clinical Trials, at the Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health. She joined the faculty of the graduate public health programs at UVM’s Larner College of Medicine in 2013, serving as an educational instructor in the Department of Medicine. Professor Roberts is an expert and enthusiastic public health teacher: she has designed and teaches graduate level public health courses in the areas of epidemiology, biostatistics, public health and health policy and actively mentors students in public health research.
When asked what public health means to her, she writes: “public health is the dynamic process of balancing multiple factors, such as environment, biology, genetics, behavior, science, politics, and policy, to nurture and maintain the health of people, communities, and societies.”
- PH301 Public Health and Health Policy
- PH303 Biostatistics I
- PH328 Epidemiology for Practice
- PH392 Culminating Project Experience – Faculty Mentor
Articles & Publications
- Stephen G. DeVoe, Linda L. Roberts, Wendy S. Davis, Rachel R. Wallace-Brodeur, “Identifying Barriers to Access and Utilization of Preventive Health Care Services by Young Adults in Vermont”. Journal of Adolescent Health, Vol 62, Issue 6 pages A1-A6, 633-754 (June 2018).
- Zandi, P., Klein, A.P., Addington, A.M., Hetmanski, J.B., Roberts, L.L., Peila, R., Shrestha, S., Shaw, C.K., Kiat, H.C., P., Langefeld, C., Beaty T.H., “Multilocus Linkage Analysis of the German Asthma Data” Genet Epi 21: S 204-209, 2001.
- Roberts L.L., Coresh J., Hetmanski J.B., Beaty T.H., “Meta-Analysis of the Association of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor (PPAR-Gamma) Pro12Ala Polymorphism with Body Mass Index: A Potential Marker for Diabetic Tendency”, Presented at the American Society of Human Genetics Meeting, 15-19 October 2002 Am J Hum Genet 71 suppl: 359, 2002.
- Roberts, L and Meinert, J., “Dissemination of an Analytic Database to Study Investigators: The Sleep Heart Health Study”. Abstract accepted for NESUG 2006 Conference
Professor Roberts is actively engaged in the community, providing her expertise in public health practice, especially in areas of immunization, to local schools and the public health community.