The President's Distinguished Senior Lecturer and Lecturer Awards, presented annually, honor and recognize the distinguished accomplishments of faculty who hold the rank of Senior Lecturer and Lecturer for their outstanding teaching, scholarship, and service. The recipients will receive a prize of $1,000. Names are displayed on a plaque in Waterman Building.
Congratulations to the AY 2020-2021 Senior Lecturer Award Recipient!
Kelly A. Hamshaw, Senior Lecturer, Department of Community Development & Applied Economics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
All full-time faculty with a minimum of three years or more in the rank of Senior Lecturer or Lecturer are eligible for consideration. Eligible faculty may be nominated by a dean, a department chair, or faculty within the academic discipline of the nominee.
The Award (one each to a Senior Lecturer and one to a Lecturer) will be made annually and the awardees receive a cash price of $1,000. Criteria include the following:
- Demonstrated record of exemplary contributions (innovation, creativity, productivity, impact, success, scholarly output) as a teacher-scholar at the University of Vermont
- Demonstrated record as a leader, role model, innovator in activities that promote or enhance teaching effectiveness, new pedagogy, and/or curricular reform or development
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching
- Record of scholarship dissemination as evidenced by peer-reviewed journal articles, conference proceedings papers, presentations at national conferences, invited talks, or books
- Notable achievement(s) in teaching or scholarship, recognized beyond the University, that bring recognition to the department, program, college or school
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence and to advancing the University’s diversity goals
Faculty, staff and students may nominate faculty members for the President’s Distinguished Senior Lecturer and Lecturer Awards. Faculty members may self-nominate. Nominations will be due by April 30, 2021 and must include the following:
- Letter of nomination from the faculty member’s department chair or program director
- Letter of support from the faculty member’s dean
- Up to three internal letters of support from faculty members at UVM including one from outside the nominee’s home department
- Nominee’s current CV
- Optional supporting materials (up to three abstracts or papers, or other evidence of creative scholarship)
Nominees will be notified of their nomination and asked to provide a current curriculum vitae and a detailed statement of their service. Nominees may provide documents demonstrating their services as well as records of any citations or accommodations received for their service.
Nomination material should be sent in a single bookmarked PDF to Jennifer Diaz at Jennifer.Diaz@uvm.edu.
The Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs will appoint and chair a review committee to make final recommendations to the President for each award.