With year-end rapidly approaching, here are some Purchasing key dates and deadlines to keep in mind.
If you are a customer of the ABSC, please see the ABSC required deadlines.
- Please submit any “essential” FY20 requisitions (with appropriate back-up documentation for the purchase) as early as possible for strict approval, especially ones that require contract/agreement/terms & condition review as these need additional lead time.
- PeopleSoft requisition access will be turned off at 4:30pm on Tuesday, June 23 and will reopen on Wednesday, July 1st around 8:30am. New FY21 requisition purchases can only be entered on or after July 1.
- Please check your open requisition list any time now and prior to June 22 to be sure your requisitions are complete (with all proper documents attached) and have been successfully budget checked & submitted for FY20 purchases or are valid prepaids using the prepaid category. Any requisitions remaining in incomplete status after June 23 will be deleted.
- After nightly processes have posted on Friday, July 12, ALL remaining purchase orders for FY20 will be closed, (including prepaid POs for which invoices have not been received) unless there is a valid reason for rolling into next year. Some valid examples would be:
- Subcontracts on valid open projects
- Purchases made and received in FY20 for which the invoice has not been received by July 10
- POs on grants/projects that did not end on the fiscal year 6/30
- Ongoing capital projects
- Please send a list of all POs your department would like rolled into FY21 (by using this spreadsheet (Excel)) including a justified reason by end-of-day Thursday, July 2 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your spreadsheet and roll the valid requests into FY21.
- PO roll dates are scheduled for Tuesday, July 14 - Wednesday, July 15.
Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thank you for your assistance during the year-end process.