Dear University of Vermont Students, Faculty, and Staff,
At the September 21, 2020 Faculty Senate meeting, Senators voted overwhelmingly in favor of a revised spring 2021 semester academic calendar.
The revised calendar is posted at the Office of the Registrar’s website.
The new spring calendar includes the following important dates and changes:
- Classes will begin on February 1
- Classes will be held on Presidents' Day, February 15
- Spring break recess has been eliminated
- Reading/respite days have been added on March 24 and April 15; classes will not be held on Town Meeting Day, March 2
- The last day of classes is now May 11
- Final exams will be held on May 13, 14, 17, 18
This new calendar was informed by advice from UVM medical experts, and is in accordance with Vermont State recommendations and regulations for higher education related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for your continuing efforts on behalf of the health and safety of our community. Your commitment to daily health checks, student testing, physical distancing, wearing a face covering, and frequent hand-washing is critical to our continued success. Additionally, flu shots are especially important this year.
Patricia A. Prelock
University of Vermont
Provost and Senior Vice President