- To encourage faculty members to reach the next level of achievement in their scholarly and creative trajectories. Both individual and collaborative achievement is encouraged. Successful applicants will describe their long-term intellectual and professional goals and how the Summer Research Award will help them achieve these objectives.
- To leverage institutional investment by providing the building blocks to support a larger applications for competitive extramural funding.
Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Advance projects with broad societal, scholarly and/or creative impact that extends beyond UVM into the community and the world. Successful applicants will address the potential scope and impact of their proposed project.
- Support a trajectory that projects future scholarly productivity.
- Articulate potential for future intra- or extramural support.
- Have not received a Summer Research Award in the two previous cycles.