This new, small PDF grant aids and assists faculty as they expand or deepen their knowledge with the express purpose of supporting pedagogy and developing curriculum. These PDF funds can support the purchase of materials or software (i.e., for digital humanities uses) for the development of new courses, significantly revised courses, or new units within extant courses. (Download the document)
The three possible nodes are:
- Medical humanities;
- Decolonization and anti-racism;
- Digital humanities.
These nodes are in line with faculty interest, research, and expertise as well as continuing to be crucial areas of intellectual investigation at UVM and across humanities disciplines. We hope this grant helps faculty meet the moment in their classrooms and courses by making resources more available.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- All full-time tenured, tenure-track, and lecturers in the humanities are eligible.
- All funds must be expended by the end of the fiscal year. No extensions allowed.
Please send the Humanities Center (email@example.com) a short proposal (no more than 500 words) that includes:
- Your name, department, rank, and department administrator;
- Email subject line of Meeting the Moment Curriculum Development Grant; how you intend use the $500 PDF (books, other materials, etc.);
- What new or existing course it would serve (e.g., HST XXX: Title);
- Which of the three nodes (medical humanities, decolonialization and anti-racism, or digital humanities) it fulfills and how it fits that category.
Rolling. We will accept applications at any time.