Duties of the Executive Committee include the following:
- Review, evaluate, and make recommendations to the Dean of the Graduate College concerning proposals for the creation, modification, or termination of graduate degree and certificate programs.
- Confer on the establishment and alteration of policies relating to graduate study and bring recommendations for action to the Graduate Faculty.
- Monitor the assessment and evaluation of graduate and post-bac professional education throughout the university, including by requesting and reviewing periodic reports on the current status of all graduate degree and certificate programs (e.g., enrollment, program ranking, graduate outcomes, specialized accreditation) and, as necessary, to conduct its own review of such programs.
- Periodically advise the Dean of the Graduate College on the appropriate portfolios and balance of discipline-based and interdisciplinary graduate and post-bac professional degree and certificate programs being offered by the University as a whole, as well as on national and global trends in graduate education.
- On a regular basis, report its actions to the Graduate Faculty. Any action of the Executive Committee may, upon appeal by a motion introduced at a meeting of the Graduate Faculty, be referred to the Faculty for final decision.
The 2023-2024 meetings of the Graduate Executive Committee (GEC) will typically be held on the first and third Thursday of each month from 1:30-3:00pm in the Faculty Senate Conference Room (Waterman 327).
- Thursday, September 7
- Thursday, September 21
- Thursday, October 5
- Thursday, October 19
- Thursday, November 2
- Thursday, November 9
- Thursday, November 16
- Thursday, December 7
- Thursday, December 21
Members of the Committee can view Executive Committee materials by accessing the SharePoint site at this link (password needed).
Graduate Executive Committee
|Dean, Graduate College||Hoock, Holger (Chair)||N/A|
|Associate Dean, Graduate College||Ebert, Alicia||N/A|
|Graduate Student Senate||Haq, Ijaz||2023-2024|
|College of Agriculture and Life Sciences||Wang, Qingbin||2021-2024|
|College of Arts and Sciences||Liptak, Matthew||2021-2024|
|College of Arts and Sciences||Fenton, Elizabeth||2023-2024|
|College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences||Ghazanfari, Ehsan||2023-2026|
|College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences||Marshall, Jeffrey||2023-2026|
|College of Education and Student Services||Callahan, Rebecca||2023-2024|
|College of Nursing and Health Sciences||Gell, Nancy||2023-2024|
|Larner College of Medicine||Wargo, Matthew||2022-2025|
|Larner College of Medicine||Previs, Michael||2023-2026|
|Grossman School of Business||Lowensohn, Suzanne||2023-2024|
|Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources||Donovan, Therese (Terri)||2021-2024|