There’s no place Charlotte Smith would have rather spent her summer than on farms in Vermont scouting for bugs.
Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) today joined University of Vermont leaders to announce federal funding for the Food Systems Research Center. Leahy, who chairs the Senate Appropriations Committee, secured $11 million in 2021 to support the Center’s work researching all facets of the regional food system, from production agriculture to food security.
Amy Trubek, professor and chair of the Nutrition and Food Sciences Department, has been awarded the 2021 Hubert W. Vogelmann Award for Excellence in Research & Scholarship by the UVM College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Planting Seeds of Resilience
- UVM Receives nearly $400K for “Serious Games” to Promote Healthy Food Policy
- PhD Candidate Luis Alexis Rodriguez-Cruz Interviewed for In Common Podcast
- Climate Change is Hurting Children’s Diets, Global Study Finds
- COVID-19 Food Insecurity Hits Record Levels in Vermont
- Talking with Jonathan Safran Foer
- Vermont, Maine Team Awarded $4M to Study Climate Impacts on Species and Response of Farmers, Rural Communities
- Can Regenerative Agriculture Save American Farms?
- Food Insecurity Hits One in Four Vermonters
- The People's Farm
- 1 of 24
- next ›