The Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative would like to thank everyone who participated in the compilation, analysis and communication of this data. This includes invaluable input from the project leaders and principal investigators listed below who helped ensure the quality of the data and provided expert interpretation of an overwhelming amount of information. We also want to thank specifically the NOAA Northeast Regional Climate Center at Cornell University for allowing us to adapt their report into an expanded climate section in this report. This report would not be possible without the continued support from the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation, the US Forest Service Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry, and the University of Vermont. This work was made possible by long-term funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area - State & Private Forestry.
- Nicholson, C., J Duncan, A. Kosiba, J. Truong and J. Pontius (Eds.) 2018. The Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative Long-Term Monitoring Update – 2017. DOI: 10.18125/vermont2017. Available online at https://www.uvm.edu/femc/products/long_term_update/2017.
The Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative Editorial Staff
- James Duncan – Director
- Alexandra Kosiba - Research Project Coordinator
- Charles Nicholson - Researcher and Data Analyst
- Jennifer Pontius – Principal Investigator
- John Truong - Field and Project Coordinator
Project Leaders and Supporters Contributing to this Report:
- James S. Andrews, Vermont Reptile and Amphibian Atlas Project
- Dan Dillner, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- David Gay, National Atmospheric Deposition Program
- Joshua Halman, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Bennet Leon, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Heather Pembrook, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Rebecca Harvey, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Corrina Parnapy, Bret Ladago, Peter McHugh, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Aaron Moore, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Chris Rimmer, Kent McFarland, Steve Faccio & John Lloyd, Vermont Center for Ecostudies
- Barbara Schultz, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Jamie Shanley, U.S. Geological Survey
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.