We support students, faculty and staff at the University by providing safe, efficient, well-maintained, comfortable and beautiful spaces where people can feel inspired to learn, teach, research, work, live, and play.
Facilities Management comprises these departmental units:
- Planning, Design & Construction
- Physical Plant
- Utility Engineering
- Custodial Services
- Transportation & Parking Services
- Office of Sustainability
The Finance and Facilities Administration team provides shared services for all FM units including human resource management and financial operations.
Our departments employ over 375 professional, technical, skilled, and service-oriented staff in a variety of roles ranging from entry-level to executive-level.
Together, we are the UVM team who:
- Plan, design and build new facilities for the campus future...and restore and renew the historic facilities of the past.
- Provide and manage the critical energy and utilities needed for conducting research, learning, living and working on campus without disruption.
- Maintain and sustain campus buildings and infrastructure so the campus community is comfortable and safe.
- Ensure the cleanliness of campus spaces so that community members can stay healthy and thrive.
- Maintain the beauty of the campus landscape and grounds so that community members can feel inspired and playful.
- Operate, maintain and provide services for transporting people to, from and around campus in sustainable ways.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our workforce includes a diverse group of individuals who reflect the demographics of both our campus community and the regional community-- this includes individuals with origins representing 22 countries who speak 28 different native languages along with individuals who trace their Vermont roots back many generations.
We value this diversity among our workforce because it makes our Facilities organization stronger.
In the fall of 2022, several FM unit representatives served on the Division of Finance & Administration Inclusive Excellence Committee. Read the full Action Plan below.