Students provide service in a variety of ways. Recent projects include:
- partnering with The Center on Aging and Stay Steady Vermont to create exercise and fall prevention resources for older adults in communities throughout the state
- providing concussion education to coaches and participants in a local club soccer program
- adapting a bike curriculum for children with disabilities in cooperation with Local Motion
All students participate in research with faculty mentors and present their work during the College of Nursing and Health Sciences' annual Zeigler Research Forum. Selected students also travel to the Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association to present their findings.
All UVM DPT students participate in the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). Some students may elect to attend local meetings of the Vermont chapter, the APTA-sponsored National Student Conclave, or the APTA Combined Sections Meeting.
Physical Therapy Club
Members of the UVM Physical Therapy Club share a passion and dedication to their clients and the wider community. Club officers plan events and fundraisers to support the student experience. Some recent events include:
- Social events and fundraisers
- Promotion of Physical Therapy Day of Service and World Physical Therapy Day
- Sponsorship of 5K to support the Northeast Disabled Athletic Association