Professor Kelly Tourville is a nationally certified and Vermont State licensed athletic trainer (ATC). She currently teaches upper-level courses to athletic training students and coordinates all clinical education assignments for the students in the Athletic Training Program. In her role as Clinical Education Coordinator, she has established and maintained the more than 25 affiliated clinical site contracts associated with UVM's AT Program. Upon graduating from UVM herself with a B.S. in Health Education, Professor Tourville worked as an AT in an outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation clinic for a number of years before she returned to UVM under a graduate teaching fellowship to earn her M.Ed in Interdisciplinary Design/Education. Prior to becoming a full-time faculty member, she worked with UVM’s Division 1 athletes, including the alpine/nordic skiing, swimming, diving and tennis teams and has served as a clinical outreach athletic trainer in the Burlington community throughout her career. Professor Tourville has also served as the treasurer for the Vermont Association of Athletic Trainers, and is a longstanding member of the VAAT scholarship committee.
Clinical Associate Professor, Athletic Training Program Director and Clinical Education Coordinator
- Vacek PM, Slauterbeck JR, Tourville TW, Sturnick DR, Holterman LA, Smith HC, Shultz SJ, Johnson RJ, Tourville KJ, Beynnon BD. Multivariate analysis of the risk factors for first-time non-contact ACL injury in college and high school athletes. A prospective cohort study with a nested, matched case-control analysis. Am J Sports Med. 44(6):1492-501, 2016. PMID: 27217522.
- Tourville TW, Shultz SJ, Vacek PM, Knudsen EJ, Bernstein IM, Tourville KJ, Hardy DM, Slauterbeck JR, Johnson RJ, Beynnon BD. Evaluation of an algorithm to predict menstrual cycle phase at the time of injury. Journal of Athletic Training. 51(1):47-56, 2016. PMID: 26807868.
- Beynnon BD, Ryder SH, Konradsen L, Johnson RJ, Johnson KA, Renstrom PA: “The effect of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Trauma and Bracing on Knee Proprioception.” University of Vermont, Department of Musculoskeletal Research. American Journal of Sports Medicine 27:2 150-155, 1999.
- Tourville KJ*, Tourville TW*, Knudsen EJ*, Shultz SJ†, Bernstein IM*, Vacek PM*, Holterman LA*, Smith HC*, Slauterbeck JR*, Hardy DM‡, Johnson RJ*, Beynnon BD*: *University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT; †University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC; ‡Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX. “Validation of an Algorithm to Predict Ovulatory Status at the Time of Injury.” National Athletic Trainers 63rd Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposia, St Lois, Missouri June 2012.
Associations and Affiliations
- National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
- Vermont Association of Athletic Trainers (VAAT)
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
- Clinical Education in Athletic Training
- M.Ed., University of Vermont
- B.S., University of Vermont
- (802) 656-7741
310C Rowell Building
AT 187 - Rehabilitation Techniques in Athletic Training
AT 190 - Senior Seminar in AT 1
AT 192 - Senior Seminar in AT II
AT 173 - Clinical Experience in AT V
AT 174 - Clinical Experience in AT VI