Links mentors offer friendship, fun and support to first-year students. Links are essentially on-call through the fall semester to answer questions on day-to-day concerns, facilitate connections with advisors and other campus resources, and host study groups and fun events like pasta dinners, hikes and movie marathons.
What else do Links do?
- Welcome the CNHS Class of 2022!
- Assist with adjustment to campus social life.
- Encourage and facilitate involvement in campus activities.
- Establish supportive, mature peer relationships.
- Introduce campus resources (tutoring, CAPS, ACCESS, library services, and the Career Center). Make referrals as needed.
- Assist in first-year introductory course as requested.
- Communicate with CNHS Links staff assistant as necessary.
- Post regularly to CNHS Links Facebook page.
- Attend trainings and meetings.
What you'll get from the experience
This is a volunteer leadership position with some awesome perks:
- Meals during training sessions & staff events
- Staff shirt and fun swag
- Interpersonal and group facilitation skills
- Conflict resolution practice
- Problem-solving techniques
- Resume building assistance
- References for future employers
- Lots of new friends
- CNHS student in good standing
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Recommendation or referral by faculty member or academic unit
Learn more about the CNHS Links program.
- Monday, Feb. 5, 9:30-10:30 a.m. in Rowell 111
- Wednesday, Feb. 7, 4-5 p.m. in Rowell 111
- Thursday, Feb. 8, 12-1 p.m. in Rowell 111
Applications are due Friday, March 2 at noon.