An interdisciplinary network of scholars, students and community members
Founded in 1974, the Center for Research on Vermont engages UVM's vast network of scholars, experts, and community partners to create meaningful opportunities for students that also strengthen civic life in our state.
Our work includes:
- Conducting research on urgent issues like climate change and renewable energy, transportation, economic health, justice and equity, public health, town governance and budgets, demographic changes, and more.
- Connecting students with internships with community newspapers, town administrators, public health officials, and planners to provide meaningful experiences in civic life.
- Producing a regular Research Newsletter that compiles critical news and findings from across the state for our network of supporters.
- Publishing non-fiction books by Vermont authors that examine the past, present and future of our state.
- Amplifying the reach of scholarly work from UVM's college of Arts & Sciences through reporting, social media, multimedia production and other forms of storytelling.
Opportunities for organizations, scholars and supporters to get involved with CRVT:
Brighter days are ahead! This photo was taken by @jimmphotos #vermontnature #spring #vermont #vermontphotography #vermontsummer #vermontspring #getoutside #vermontspringtime #vermontbyvermonters #flowers #blooming #vermonting #vermontliving #vermontartist #naturephotography #naturelover #nature_perfection