FROM THE DIRECTOR:
I am so excited to be bringing together a creative team of performers, directors, and designers to discover a fresh take on his holiday classic. This version will not only be a live performed radio version of It’s a Wonderful Life, but we are thrilled to make this production an experimental fusion of pro-vogue, drag, and jazz aesthetics through Queer, Trans, and BIPOC expression. Come join us on this expedition from monochrome to queer technocolor-topia. And I will see you in the auditions.
For this audition:
· We are asking you to bring a short 30-45 second monologue/text from a play, poem, or favorite speech of which you are familiar. We simply need to see how well you uniquely connect with text.
· We will also be providing a side/scene for you to perform just to help us see how well you connect with others.
· (Options for Singers) If you sing, we are asking you to additionally bring the sheet music to a jazz song and sing a verse/refrain and a chorus to perform (about 30-45 seconds).
If you find that you have a conflict for the initial auditions on Saturday, please let us know and we may be able to work something out.
Lastly, if you find that you are not interested in performing on stage but want to be involved with this production process, please reach out as we would love to have you join our research, dramaturgical, and/or technical support teams.
Johann Robert Wood, Director
Auditions: Saturday, October 2
singing w/monologue: 1:00 - 2:30pm
monologue only: 2:30 - 5:00pm
Callbacks: Sunday, October 3 from 1:00 - 5:00pm
Auditions will take place in the Theatre at RTT.
Actors cast will be expected to be at all rehearsals, tech, and performances, and will adhere to all COVID guidelines throughout rehearsals and performances.
The Radio Announcer who will play multiple roles potentially in drag. (Any Gender, Any Ethnicity)
Radio Actors (4) - Radio Personalities who will play multiple roles potentially in drag. (Any Gender, Any Ethnicity)
Vogue Chorus - Five to Eight performers playing multiple roles while generating the foley/sound effects. (Any Gender, Any Ethnicity)
Note: Among the Cast we will need 3 - 5 singers to perform select songs in a mini concert to open the show, perform as Commercial singers during the show, and to close the show as well.
CHARACTER BREAKDOWN SOON TO BE POSTED!!!!
You must be available for all rehearsals.
- Dress Rehearsals - Dec. 1 & 2
- Invited Dress Rehearsal - Dec. 3
- Performances - December 4 at 2:00pm & 6:00pm and December 5 at 2:00pm & 6:00pm
Sign up for an Audition Slot Now!
Additional audition information (monologue sides and music) will be posted here soon.
Please feel free to contact Johann Robert Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org) or productionIAWL@gmail.com with any questions.