The 4th annual University of Vermont Grossman School of Business Family Business Awards will celebrate and honor entrepreneurs and family enterprises on Friday, October 30 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. in the UVM Waterman Memorial Lounge.
As family businesses are a major driver in the world economy, the UVM Grossman School of Business recognizes those alumni and Vermont based businesses, that have overcome the challenges of succession to achieve lasting success and have demonstrated a commitment to creating sustainable business through leadership and innovation.
Businesses are recognized in four categories and must either be based in Vermont OR out-of-state businesses run by UVMs alumni.
1st Gen: UVM graduate led start-up or purchased firms with multiple family members in ownership or operations.
Multi-Gen - US Based Enterprise: UVM graduate led firm that has completed at least one generational transfer within the family.
Multi-Gen - Global Enterprise: UVM graduate led firm that has completed at least one generational transfer within the family.
Vermont Legacy Achievement Award: Vermont based family business recognized for outstanding and long lasting success.
Businesses are assessed on the financial success of the company, governance structures, contributions to the community and industry, and innovative business practices or strategies.
- Carlos Enrique Cavelier Lozano ('83) - Alqueria Dairy
- Mark DeMichaelis ('87) - State Garden and Olivia's Organics
- James Lehouiller ('93) - Dileonardo International
- Emma Marvin - Butternut Mountain Farm
- Thomas Wheeler ('77) - A.W. Brown's Pet and Garden
- Karen Galfetti Zecchinelli ('84) - Wayside Restaurant
- Pramodita Sharma - Sanders Professor for Family Business, UVM Grossman School of Business (non-voting chair)
The award celebration will begin at 2 p.m. in the Waterman Lounge.