About the New Farmer Project: Mission
Center for Sustainable Agriculture
Vision: Sustainable food systems that foster successful farmers, cultivate environmental stewardship and enhance the quality of life and vitality of our communities.
Mission: To cultivate understanding and innovative practices and policies that advance sustainable food and farming in VT and beyond.
University of Vermont Extension
The mission of University of Vermont Extension is to improve the quality of life of Vermonters by providing research-based educational programs and practical information concerning Vermont communities, families and homes, farms, businesses, and the natural environment.
Extension's guiding values comprise the following:
- Deep respect for people and their diversity--those served and those within the organization.
- Dedication to the stewardship of Vermont’s natural resources and the working landscape.
- Commitment to high quality research and outreach education.
- Regard for the essential role of good communication--personal and technical--within Extension and with every audience served.
- Commitment to the most efficient use of Extension’s resources to meet the educational needs of Vermont citizens and their communities.
These values underlie Extension’s goals, and provide focus and inspiration for carrying out our mission.
In the 21st century, Extension will achieve the following:
- Provide timely, credible information to Vermonters for decision making, problem solving, community engagement, and public policy development.
- Effectively cooperate and collaborate with other agencies and groups that share common goals.
- Encourage creativity at every level.
- Adapt to the state’s changing needs while maintaining our programmatic emphases and fulfilling our mission.
- Optimize the use of state-of-the-art technology to communicate and educate.
- Effectively use the research capabilities of the University of Vermont as well as the whole Land Grant System.
- Be respected by the people of Vermont and a source of pride to the University of Vermont community.
Last modified August 03 2011 10:36 PM