Center staff and faculty research leading-edge practices and new approaches that help farmers and other food system stakeholders who are seeking profitability, incorporating environmentally regenerative practices, and addressing social and community-based food-related needs.
The Center for Sustainable Agriculture advances sustainable food and farming systems in Vermont and beyond. We cultivate partnership, support innovative research and practices, and inform policy to benefit Vermont communities and the UVM campus.
Programs & Services
- For livestock farmers raising animals on pasture
- For landowners and landseekers
- For New American farmers or those who serve them
- For aspiring young farmers 14-21 years old
- Farmers seeking help with water issues or other impacts of climate change
- Researchers and others interested in food access issues