Vermont agriculture not only feeds Vermonters, it also feeds the state economy. UVM Extension is committed to supporting this growing business sector by providing education and technical assistance tailored to the specific needs of Vermont farmers.
Farm Accounting/Record Keeping Resources
- Beef Farm Account Book, Cornell Cooperative Extension
- New England Farm Account Book, University of Vermont Extension
- New England Farm Account Book, Maine Cooperative Extension (Excel spreadsheet)
- Oklahoma Farm and Ranch Account Book, Oklahoma Cooperative Extension
- Penn State Farm Account Book Part 1
- University of Minnesota Center for Farm Financial Management
- Vermont Vegetable and Berry Crop Production Budgets
Successful family farm succession (also called "farm transfer") is critical to the future of agriculture in the U.S. and around the world. Here you will find articles, events and research. More Info >>
- Community Supported Farm Finance Guide
- Farm balance sheet (PDF)
- Maple Sugaring Projected Earnings Worksheets (XLS) (Revised January 2010). Spreadsheet for calculating maple syrup production/profitability. Use with factsheet Maple Syrup Costs: What does it really cost to produce that gallon of maple syrup? (PDF).
- Vermont Health Connect Agricultural Producer Resource Packet (PDF): Information on health insurance requirements and options for Vermont farmers as employers under the new state and federal regulations.
- Ag Labor Management at the University of California Berkeley