As president and CEO of Delaware Health Sciences Alliance, an organization that includes the major health systems and research universities in the Delaware Valley, Dr. Omar Khan, MD ’03, is at the frontlines of the COVID-19 response.
Sisyphus is perhaps best known in Greek mythology for being condemned to an eternity spent rolling a boulder uphill, just to watch it roll back down and repeat the process. His punishment has inspired work from painters, artists and writers through centuries depicting the strength it takes Sisyphus to, quite literally, carry on with the task.
University of Vermont English professor Emily Bernard has won the prestigious Christopher Isherwood Prize for autobiographical prose in the Los Angeles Times 2020 Book Prizes competition for her 2019 book, “Black Is the Body.”
- Artist and Resident
- UVM Adds Two Mamava Pods to Campus
- A Pioneer in the Lab and on the Land
- Author Ibram Kendi Delivers MLK Celebration Keynote
- Voices for Change
- Bestselling author Dr. Ibram X. Kendi headlines UVM’s 2020 MLK series
- Celebrating 2019
- Emily Bernard’s book Black is the Body garners end-of-year accolades
- Amplifying a Quiet Force
- The Art of Social Justice
- 1 of 29
- next ›