Dear UVM community,
I write to share bittersweet news. Wanda Heading-Grant, vice president for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, has been selected as Carnegie Mellon University’s inaugural Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer. She also will serve as a faculty member in CMU’s Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy.
Consistent with a history that is rife with medical discrimination and abuse against Black people, the COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected BIPOC communities in the U.S., who are disproportionally employed as essential workers. Now, as vaccines are distributed to specific populations in phases, concerns are rising that this health disparity gap may widen.
If you see Lana Al-Namee ’22 singing through her mask or skipping down Main Street when she thinks no one’s looking, please do not disturb.
- Champion for Justice
- Progressive Ministry
- Spotlight On: Alyssa Oviedo ‘22
- Coaching for Change
- Meet the Class of 2024
- There's a New School Commissioner in Town
- Professor Pramodita Sharma Named Among Top 100 Family Business Influencers
- A New Home for Prism Center
- UVM's Waterman to Play Leadership Role in National Effort to Diversify Science Departments
- A New Year at UVM: Our Common Ground
- 1 of 32
- next ›