With a camera in-hand, Hilary Byrne ’11 trailed closely behind the characters of her latest documentary, weaving in and out of their ski tracks to get the shots. But as challenging as filming and simultaneously bombing down a mountain may sound, “that wasn’t the hard part; that came with the territory,” the outdoor sports filmmaker says.
The Henry P. Kendall Foundation announced the University of Vermont and Norwich University, and food services provider Sodexo, as a 2019 New England Food Vision Prize award winner.
Journalists write “the first rough draft of history,” says a well-worn truth. Reporting and rapping out some of those first drafts was the day-to-day for alumnus Terrence Petty, Class of 1974, as an Associated Press correspondent based in Germany during the dramatic political shifts of the late 1980s.
- UVM Named the #4 Top Green School
- University of Vermont Establishes Patrick and Marcelle Leahy Scholars Initiative
- The Upset: A Look Back at UVM’s First-Ever March Madness Win
- Helping Prepare Students for What’s Next
- The North Pole Was Here
- Tell History, Make History
- University of Vermont to Host United Nations Biosphere Delegation
- UVM and USDA’s Agricultural Research Service Will Partner to Identify Factors That Help Small Farms Succeed
- Naturally Occurring Fungi Could Curb Moose Tick Plague, UVM Entomologists Find
- Life on the Mississippi