Orange barIn addition to GI Bill Benefits and the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship, veteran students may be eligible for additional federal and institutional financial aid to help make UVM possible.

We highly encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

How do I apply for financial aid?

Applying for financial aid is easy. Start by following our steps on how to apply for financial aid.

How do I apply for my GI Bill benefits?

  • Submit an application for GI Bill benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
    • If you have questions about the benefits available or your eligibility contact the VA.
  • Once your receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, submit a copy to the UVM Enrollment Certifying Official (located in the UVM Student Veteran Services Office). The Certifying Official will create a file for you, and submit enrollment certification to the VA for each semester you are enrolled.

How do GI Bill benefits affect my eligibility for other financial aid?

  • Eligibility for Federal financial aid (loans and grants) is not affected by receipt of GI Bill benefits.
  • UVM need-based aid may be reduced to accomodate your GI Bill benefits into your award if the following are true:
    • You receive some form of UVM need-based aid as part of your financial aid package.
    • Your full need (cost of attendance minus expected family contribution, or EFC) is already being met by UVM and Federal financial aid.

Does UVM participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?

UVM participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Learn more about the Yellow Ribbon eligibility and how to apply.

Who should I contact if I have additional questions?