- Spring Term Start DateJanuary 16, 2024
- Application DeadlinesVisit the Graduate College Page for application deadlines
- TuitionSee Master of Public Health under the 2023-24 Graduate Programs with Alternate Pricing section of the Student Financial Services website.
- Learning FormatOnline
- Program DurationVaried - not to exceed 5 years
- VA Benefit EligibleYes
This one-year online program is a collaboration of The Larner College of Medicine, Professional and Continuing Education and the UVM Graduate College. Graduate students, health practitioners, public health professionals and researchers, environmental specialists, engineers and scientists can complete the Certificate as a stand-alone program or as part of a master’s, MD, or PhD program.
Our program teaches you to:
- Evaluate, promote, and improve health across populations
- Explain barriers to public health and discuss health-promotion strategies
- Collaborate with a network of professionals in healthcare, government, and non-profit organizations
- Learn basic epidemiology skills
- Identify environmental factors and exposure routes affecting health
- Effectively navigate and activate available community resources
- Prepare for further graduate study or research in public health and related fields