- Spring Term Start DateJanuary 16, 2024
- Application DeadlinesVisit the Graduate College Page for application deadlines
- TuitionSee Master of Public Health under the 2023-24 Graduate Programs with Alternate Pricing section of the Student Financial Services website.
- Learning FormatOnline
- Program DurationVaried - not to exceed 5 years
- VA Benefit EligibleYes
This one-year, online program is a collaboration of The Larner College of Medicine at The University of Vermont, Professional and Continuing Education, and the UVM Graduate College. Graduate and medical students, as well as health professionals, practitioners, and researchers may enroll as a stand-alone program or as part of a master’s, MD, or PhD program.
Develop Your Fluency in the Language of Public Health
The Epidemiology Certificate provides students with a framework for problem solving and critical thinking in analyzing disease and health-related conditions within diverse populations. Students will develop expertise in disease outbreak investigation, prevention and control, and applied research methods in public health.
Our program teaches you to:
- Define a population, especially in terms of disease risk
- Describe the different ways to express disease frequency in a given population
- Apply basic concepts of probability, random variation, and commonly used statistical distributions in data analysis
- Apply the methods used in public health surveillance and disease outbreak investigation
- Evaluate, promote, and improve health across diverse populations
- Explain barriers to public health and discuss health-promotion strategies
- Prepare for further graduate study or research in public health and related fields