August 29, 2019
Please read message below and note the specific instructions for ABSC customers.
The ABSC Team
Feedback or Questions?
From: UVM business managers news and discussion list <CATSKILL@list.uvm.edu> On Behalf Of Natalie Guillette
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:02 PM
Subject: Purchasing Services Update - Footprint System Roll-Out for Contract Review September 1, 2019
Purchasing is pleased to announce it is rolling out to campus the use of the Footprint System to initiate the review of any non-IT contract. Non-IT contracts are those (e.g., service agreements, quotes, estimates, proposals, terms and condition documents, etc.) that are currently being sent directly to Contract Analyst Wendy Spargo or Purchasing email for review.
Departments will begin entering their request for contract review directly into Footprints (no longer needing to send emails directly to Wendy or Purchasing). Wendy will conduct her review within Footprints.
This process will allow more transparency across campus. Here are some of the highlights:
- Department will receive email updates throughout the review process and will always know the status of their contract.
- Footprints allows other individuals in your department to be added so they receive emails with updates in the event of vacations, leave of absence, or just to be kept in the loop.
- Anytime additional information or documentation needs to be added to the Footprint, this can be easily done by clicking “reply” on the Footprint email. All comments and attachments will be gathered collectively and added to the Footprint.
- Future inquiries about a contract are easy to make. A search by supplier name will instantly find the history of the review.
- When necessary, if other departments (Risk Management, General Counsel, Compliance, etc.) need to review or provide feedback, Footprints allows this to occur while maintaining all the information in one place.
- As a time saver, departments will no longer need to attach Wendy’s email-approval as a pdf to the requisition. Once the Footprint is complete, they will merely reference the Footprint Issue # XXX in the requisition comment section.
*If you are a customer of the ABSC, please be sure to forward the Footprint # and supplier-signed contract to the ABSC in order to create the requisition.
See the step-by-step user guide for entering a Non-IT contract for review in the Footprint System.
This announcement, user guide, and FAQs can all be found on the Purchasing Services website.
If you have any questions, send inquiries to email@example.com or call us at 656-6610.
Please feel free to forward this communication with everyone in your department.
Thank you and kind regards,