Promoting composting: An Intern making a difference
By Maddie Cross
The pandemic turned the typical college experience on its head when UVM suspended in person classes in March. Professors and students moved to the digital world and students adapted to remote learning. As the community got used to the new normal, adjusting to college life in a pandemic, several questions...
Chris Harrell, a Senior Political Science major, does more than study human behavior – they influence it. As one of the leaders of the campus student union, Harrell has led efforts to win UVM’s divestment from fossil fuels, co-managed political campaigns, organized in local efforts on policing and racial justice reform, and championed the formation of a student union.
What do two community development professors, a business analyst for a value-added processing firm in Burlington, a saffron grower from Iran, a community supported agriculturalist from Ecuador, and a third year University of Vermont student have in common? A place at the table.
- An Afternoon at UVM’s Horticulture Research and Education Center
- Talking with Michael Mann
- American Birding Podcast: Birding to Change the World with Trish O’Kane
- Policy For Parks
- Influencing Policy Through Media
- Adrian Ivakhiv Selected as a 2019-2020 University Scholar
- UVM Junior Jillian Scannell Named Truman Scholar
- Alumni Spotlight - John Alessi '17
- Author, Farmer Leah Penniman on Growing a Food Justice Movement
- CarShare VT: Accelerating Towards a More Sustainable Vermont Future
- 1 of 5
- next ›