What does it take to get some people to go outside and experience nature? For some urban dwellers, it took the COVID-19 pandemic, researchers say.
The new study finds that 26% of people visiting parks during early months of the COVID-19 pandemic had rarely – or never – visited nature in the previous year.
The study, by researchers at the University of Vermont (UVM), is one of...
Promoting composting: An Intern making a difference
By Maddie Cross
Chris Harrell, a Senior Political Science major, does more than study human behavior – they influence it. As one of the leaders of the campus student union, Harrell has led efforts to win UVM’s divestment from fossil fuels, co-managed political campaigns, organized in local efforts on policing and racial justice reform, and championed the formation of a student union.
- The Power of Relationships
- An Afternoon at UVM’s Horticulture Research and Education Center
- Talking with Michael Mann
- American Birding Podcast: Birding to Change the World with Trish O’Kane
- UVM Forests and Natural Areas Gain 750 Acres
- Policy For Parks
- Influencing Policy Through Media
- Adrian Ivakhiv Selected as a 2019-2020 University Scholar
- UVM Junior Jillian Scannell Named Truman Scholar
- Alumni Spotlight - John Alessi '17
- 1 of 5
- next ›