What does it take to get some people to go outside and experience nature? For some urban dwellers, it took the COVID-19 pandemic, researchers say.
The new study finds that 26% of people visiting parks during early months of the COVID-19 pandemic had rarely – or never – visited nature in the previous year.
The study, by researchers at the University of Vermont (UVM), is one of...
Promoting composting: An Intern making a difference
By Maddie Cross
Chris Harrell, a Senior Political Science major, does more than study human behavior – they influence it. As one of the leaders of the campus student union, Harrell has led efforts to win UVM’s divestment from fossil fuels, co-managed political campaigns, organized in local efforts on policing and racial justice reform, and championed the formation of a student union.
- Author, Farmer Leah Penniman on Growing a Food Justice Movement
- CarShare VT: Accelerating Towards a More Sustainable Vermont Future
- UVM Program Turns Local Farms into Learning Laboratories
- Environmental Program Announces Search for New Lecturer
- Fish Give Up the Fight After Coral Bleaching
- Kerry Duggan '00 named as one of Crain's Detroit 40 Under 40
- Feverish World to Inspire Solutions for a Warming Planet
- Adoption of Green Stormwater Infrastructure Rises After Floods
- Gina Fiorile Recognized as Global “30 Under 30” by Leading Environmental Education Association
- When You Love Chocolate, This Isn’t Like Work