Whether traveling across the campus or the country, here are some resources for getting you where you need to go.
- UVM parking and transportation services
- Park Burlington: go-to resource for all things parking and transportation, including rates, municpal garage locations, permits, and parking ticket payment (it happens).
- Download the ParkMobile App for metered parking on campus and around town.
Electronic Vehicle Charging
- On-campus charging stations map
- Plug-Share map for the Greater Burlington area
Public & Commercial Travel
- Burlington International Airport: hosts flights from JetBlue, United, Delta, and Porter airlines. Direct flights to Atlanta, Charlottle, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Newark, New York (JFK and LGA), Orlando, Philadelphia, Toronto City, and Washington DC (IAD and DCA). 10-15 minute drive from downtown Burlington, VT. The airport is often busiest in the morning but lines through security usually move very quickly no matter the time of day.
- For early morning flights, make sure you schedule taxis ahead of time.
- Montréal-Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport: Approximately 30 airlines operate within Montreal’s international airport serving 100s of destinations domestically within Canada as well as destinations within the US and abroad. The airport is 1.5-2 hrs away from Burlington depending on traffic (highway and at the border). You will need a passport to cross the border and utilize the airport, but it is often a cheaper option than Burlington International Airport especially when traveling abroad.
- Many hotels near the airport will provide shuttle service and free parking for up to 7 days upon booking a one-night stay.
- Green Mountain Transit (GMT): Serves 5 major regions including Chittenden County, Capital District, Franklin/Grand Isle. Stowe/Lamoille, and Mad River Valley. Buses are reliable, comfortable and safe. RouteShout 2.0 app allows you to track buses from your mobile device and Google Transit syncs with GMT routes and schedule to make catching the bus easier than ever. All buses, including the Link Express, are FREE with a CatCard ID. There are also 10-ride and monthly passes available for discounted fares. General information and questions: 802-864-2282
- Greyhound stops in Burlington, Middlebury, and White River.
- Megabus stops in Burlington and Montpelier.
For those who bike or walk to work, make sure to check out Chittenden Area Transportation Management Association's (CATMA) reward program where you can get freebies like movie tickets and gift cards for not driving to work!
- Greenride Bikeshare: View locations on campus.
- Local Motion: Statewide nonprofit organization working to make biking and walking a way of life in Vermont. Offers a lot of resources and has rental bikes.
Car Sharing Services
- CarShare Vermont: Nonprofit that provides 24/7 access to neighborhood-based fleet of vehicles. Includes gas, insurance, parking, roadside assistance, and more. Offers discounted membership rate to UVM faculty, staff, and students and also provides financial assistance through their mobilityshare program.
Ride shares, Shuttles, and Taxis
- 89 Taxi (Burlington and immediate surrounding areas): 802-383-8294
- Burlington Airport Taxi (To and from Burlington airport, to Montreal, Canada and New England area, as well as to and from major ski areas): 24/7 availability with special rates for students, military, and government employees. 802-239-1515
- Dunwright Taxi (Burlington and immediate surrounding areas): 802-557-2461
- GreenCabVT/Vermont Ride Network: environmentally conscious transportation company that employs alternative fuel vehicles and hybrids. 806-864-2424
- Lyft (Burlington, Montpelier, and Middlebury as well as their immediate surrounding areas)
- Uber (Burlington, Killington, Stowe, and Montpelier as well as their immediate surrounding areas): Generally reliable if catching a ride in Burlington and headed out of or within the city, not so much if you’re >20 min outside of Burlington or the aforementioned cities.
- Amtrak Vermonter with daily service between Washington D.C. and St. Albans.