Human Development and Family Science courses explore the ways people grow and develop, form relationships and families, and cope with the common events of life. If you are interested in a career in the helping professions or want to develop a deeper interdisciplinary understanding of how human development informs professional practice, the HDFS Minor could be a great fit for you.
There are 18 total credits to fulfill the Human Develoment and Family Science Minor, broken down as follows.
- HDF 1050 Human Development - 3 credits
- HDF 1600 Family Context of Development - 3 credits
Choose one of the following courses:
- HDF 1200 Aging: Change & Adaptation - 3 credits
- HDF 1650 Human Relationships & Sexuality - 3 credits
Choose one of the following tracks:
- TRACK A: Complete either HDF 2610 or HDF 2890, and two other approved 2000-level HDF courses.
- TRACK B: Complete both HDF 2610 and HDF 2890 and one approved 3000-level HDF seminar course.