We aim to help all students aged 3-22 who are Deaf or hard of hearing access services and receive positive and inclusive education.
To reach this goal we will:
- Provide free consultation to schools for the 2021-2022 schoolyear. Every student team will have access to experienced, licensed, educational audiologists and teachers for students who are DHHDB.
- Host bi-monthly discussions for service providers in Vermont. Sessions will focus on data, research and best practices, and resource sharing.
- Collect and share statewide data on students who are DHHDB. This data is needed to make informed decisions and to comply with national guidelines.
A full menu of services offered for the 2021-2022 school year can be found here.
This program is rooted in:
- Serving all students regardless of the degree or nature of their hearing levels.
- Engagement with students, parents, caregivers, and families.
- Support for all communication choices.
- Support for the creative use of technology to ensure access.
- Transparency and accountability.