Spring 2021 Production
Dancing Uphill 2021
Dancing Uphill 2021 will be presented on April 16 and 17 at 7:30PM in the Cohen Center for the Intergrated Arts. Due to our need to adhere to protocols around the Covid-19 pandemic we will not be able to perform in front of an in-person audience. However, we are thrilled to be able to present this years performances as a FREE Live-Streamed event. The link below will enable you to view the performances either evening - no password needed. We hope you can join us for an exciting evening of dance as we present Dancing Uphill 2021.
Fall 2020 Production
Annual Site Performance Project
Moving Through the Flood
Moving Through the Flood is a site-specific outdoor performance that brings together the power of dance, theatre, and live music to transcend beyond the current circumstances that are keeping us apart. The performance will take place in the heart of the campus, in front of the Fleming Museum, unfolding at an intersection where art (Fleming), medicine (UVM Medical Center), and science (Innovation Hall) converge. Directed by UVM Theatre and Dance faculty Julian Barnett, and including artistic work from fellow faculty and students, the performance explores the metaphorical possibility of water, as it floods, washes, wakes, and ripples, to create new possibilities and rituals of live performance in the era of social distancing.
HOW TO ATTEND THE EVENT
- Attendance is limited to UVM ID holders only. You must register in advance to attend.
- Register by emailing RTTTickets@uvm.edu. Indicate which date/time you would like to attend.
- As per UVM and State guidelines, when registering you must provide your name and a phone number where you can be reached.
- When registering please indicate any special requests and/or accommodations.
- You will receive an email confirming your request to attend within 24 hours. This time frame may be longer if you submit your request on a weekend.
GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDEES
- Everyone attending the event must present a valid UVM ID to gain admittance.
- Everyone attending the event must wear face covering and maintain a physical distance of 6 feet between attendees.
- Any necessary additional guidelines, including updates in the event of rain, will be included in the confirmation email.
Two shows each night: 5:30 & 7:00 PM
Tickets: $5, general admission (cash or check only at the door)
Dancing Uphill 2020
Wednesday-Saturday, January 22 - 25, 2020 - 7:30 PM
Mann Gymnasium (Trinity Campus)
Tickets: $10 for Students; $15 General Admission
Highlighting UVM dance student performers, the concert includes choreography by UVM dance faculty, UVM composition students, and professional guest dance artists. The show will include works by dance faculty Julian Barnett and Paul Besaw, and feature the work of guest artists Lauren Blue (UVM Class of 2012), Laurel Jenkins, and Lida Winfield. Directed by Besaw; technical direction and design coordination by Bert Crosby.
Tickets for Dancing Uphill 2020 are available for purchase at the door of the event. Dancing Uphill 2020 is being presented in Mann Gymnasium located at 208 Colchester Avenue on the trinity campus of UVM. Tickets for Dancing Uphill 2020 are $10 for UVM students and $15 for all others. Tickets can be purchased at Mann Gymnasium by cash or check only. If paying by check please make it out to the University of Vermont. Seating is General admission and the performance begins at 7:30PM.
Again, tickets for Dancing Uphill 2020 are no longer available for purchase online or at the Royall Tyler Theatre box office. They can only be purchased at Mann Gymnasium, beginning at 6:15pm Friday and Saturday, Jan. 24 and 25. Tickets are subject to availability.