Hoyt Barringer teaches courses in hand building, wheel throwing, and advanced ceramics. He received his BA from the University of Vermont, whereupon he worked for many years as apprentice to renowned artist and teacher, Toshiko Takaezu, potter/designer Nicholas Mosse in Ireland, and wood-fired potter, Todd Piker in the tradition of Michael Cardew. He and his wife set up a studio/showroom in northern Vermont where he fired a large, Korean style, wood-burning kiln. He has conducted workshops throughout New England and has shown his work nationally. He believes that working with the local geology as raw material imparts a sense of time and place in one's work that can resound through the ages.
- BA, University of Vermont
107 Williams Hall
- M W ARTS 095 10:50 - 12:40 106 Williams (INPR)
- M W ARTS 113 1:10 - 3:00 106 Williams (INPR)
- T R ARTS 114 10:05 - 11:55 106 Williams (INPR)
- T R ARTS 114 1:15 - 3:05 106 Williams (INPR)