4-H Leader Resources
Learn about becoming a volunteer leader
- What does an organizational leader do? (PDF)
- What does a project leader do? (PDF)
- What is a 4-H SET Volunteer Leader? (DOC)
- Volunteer Application(PDF)
- What are 4-H policies for volunteers and staff? (PDF)
- E-Learning for 4-H Volunteers Site
- 4-H Leaders' Digest (PDF)
- 4-H Advisory Committee Description and Representation (PDF)
Essential Elements of Positive Youth Development
4-H Essential Elements Essential Elements of 4-H Youth Development Programs - Provides individual modules to help you better understand the 4 Essential Elements and help explain these to your co-leaders or facilitators.
The University of Vermont 4-H Leader Training Series has been developed to assist volunteer 4-H leaders who are starting new 4-H clubs or who may be working with current club members. This resource manual for 4-H leaders includes forms and guidelines specific to Vermont 4-H.
- 4-H Treasurer's Book - PDF or Word (ver. 10/10/16)
- 4-H Financial Reporting:
- Quarterly Reporting - http://go.uvm.edu/4hquarterly
- Semi-Annual Reporting - http://go.uvm.edu/4hsemiannual
- Annual Reporting - http://go.uvm.edu/4hannual
- Experiencing problems with the 4-H money management system? Visit the 4-H Money Management Issues Log to report.
- *NEW* 4-H debit card account access (US Bank)
- Vermont Sales Tax Exemption Certificate for Resale and Exempt Organizations (UVM Controller's web site)
- Procedure for Purchasing Shooting Sports Equipment Shooting Sports Only
- Shooting Sports Purchase Request and Approval Forms Shooting Sports Only
- Purchasing Shooting Sports Equipment Shooting Sports Only
- Vendor W-9 Form Shooting Sports Only
For project information, such as books and forms, visit our projects page.
- Welcome to 4-H
- Answers to Questions You Want to Know About 4-H
- 4-H Member Enrollment Form
- Background Check Form
- Club Monthly Meeting Report Form
- Club Guidelines
- Club Constitution & Bylaws
- Club Officers Handbook (PDF) and Secretary's Record (PDF)
- Club and Special Event Insurance Information
- Driver Safety Rules
- Directions for UVM's online DMV form (rev. April 2013)
- Helmet Rule & Waiver Form for Non-4-H Member and Adult Riders - PDF
- Overview of Risk Management
- Risk Management Checklist
- Certificate of Liability Request Form
- Certificate of Liability Request Form (Fillable)
- Guidelines for Reducing Risk
- Health History Form
- Permission for Medication or Pre-existing Injury Form
- Permission Form
- Incident Report Form (from the University of Vermont Risk Management website)
- Code of Conduct Infraction (Youth or Adult; Nov 2009)
- Facilities Use Agreement
The 4-H Name and Emblem are protected under federal statute Title 18, U.S. Code 707. This provides the 4-H Name and Emblem with the level of protection afforded other Federal marks, such as the Seal of the President of the United States. The 4-H Name and Emblem is intended to represent the ideals of the program with its focus on serving the educational needs and interests of 4-H youth.
The Vermont 4-H Program Leader can grant Vermont businesses with a one time use to use the name and emblem on behalf of 4-H clubs or 4-H committees who wish to get the clover printed on jackets, shirts, banners or other items. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days before desired receipt of items, with the name of the 4-H entity (club or committee), business name and contact information you wish to use, and items wishing to be purchased/desired design.
Please note that the 4-H Mall is equipped to print your unique club or committee name on their merchandise as well.
Specific information, including a list of businesses already approved to use the name and emblem, application to apply for national authorization to use the name and emblem, as well as a general fastsheet can be found at the USDA Youth Development & 4-H website.
- ADA Factsheet (PDF)
- Dress Code & Program Expectations (PDF, rev. June 2011)
- 4-H Award System & Rules (PDF, rev. January 2017) and Application (PDF, revised Oct. 2013)-- Description of recognition levels, recordkeeping, eligible project areas for recognition.
- ES 237 Project Codes (Word doc.) -- Project categories and reporting codes for Vermont 4-H projects
- Teen Leadership - A Leader's Manual (Word doc.)
- Group Enrollment Form
- American Income Life Insurance Company (website)
Last modified January 19 2017 09:35 AM